“Teacher, which commandment in the law is the greatest?” Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the greatest and first commandment. And a second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’” (Matthew 22:36-39)
At the center of Christian life is service to others. We are called to share in God’s work by loving and serving all those in need, in this neighborhood and in the world.
There are service opportunities regularly. The next service opportunities are:
- Youth Mentoring Program: Every Thursday, 5:30pm-7pm. Work one-on-one with (very cute) 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students on math, reading, and physical fitness. Make a huge difference in the life of one of our neighborhood young people.
- Summer Day Camp for elementary school students, July
- Park Cleanup with the 6th Branch, May 6, 9am-2pm
- Teacher Thank-You Breakfast, June 6th, 6am-8am
- Highlandtown #215 Field Day, June 7th
- CLAIM Walkathon at Lake Montebello, June 10th
- Little Free Library—Book Donations Please bring your books in to keep our library filled!